Veterans and military-affiliated students, faculty, and staff advance the eminence of the University of Chicago, where rigorous inquiry requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds, and interdisciplinary thinking benefits from the skill sets and experiences veterans have to offer.
The University of Chicago has a strong legacy of accomplished alumni veterans; veterans also contribute to the University as senior leaders and faculty. Veterans continue to be supported at UChicago with scholarships and unique programming, and they benefit from the University’s many partnerships and distinct values.
As University researchers confront the most pressing issues of our times, the unique skill sets and experiences of veterans and military-affiliated individuals are in high demand. Together, the University’s strong academic programs and active veteran community open connections, provide opportunities, and facilitate unique partnerships. The University of Chicago welcomes veteran and military-affiliated students, faculty, and staff into a scholarly community that demands rigorous inquiry, prizes diverse perspectives, and values free expression.
The Armed Forces Group at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business is a student-run organization open to both current and former members of the US and international armed services. Our membership includes students in the Full-Time MBA, Evening MBA, and Weekend MBA programs. The group’s purpose is to:
- Prepare students for the recruiting process through career coaching, resume workshops, and interview preparation
- Build a strong professional network of Chicago Booth alumni with previous military experience in order to expand career opportunities
- Welcome new members and their families to the Chicago area through a variety of social activities
- Assist prospective military candidates with the Chicago Booth application process and advocate the admission of qualified veterans
- Assist students departing the armed forces with the transition to civilian life and to ensure an understanding of veteran benefits
Law School Veterans provides law students who are prior or current members of the armed forces of any country opportunities for fellowship, to increase awareness of legal and policy issues affecting veterans within the greater Law School community, to connect members with veteran alumni for career networking purposes, to assist law students pursuing careers as JAGs, to work with the Law School’s administration to achieve a fuller recognition of the value of veterans in our community, to facilitate opportunities for students to provide pro bono assistance to veterans in need, and to coordinate with the dean of admissions to improve outreach to prospective students with military backgrounds. We are actively reaching out to new members and admissions candidates, and encourage you to contact us with questions.