UChicago is committed to providing the most influential experience to our military-affiliated community.. The university's military-affiliated community can participate in any of the university's Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) or create their own. Below are some of the groups specific to the military-affiliated population.
The Armed Forces Group at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business is a student-run organization open to both current and former members of the US and international armed services. Our membership includes students in the Full-Time MBA, Evening MBA, and Weekend MBA programs. The group’s purpose is to:
- Prepare students for the recruiting process through career coaching, resume workshops, and interview preparation
- Build a strong professional network of Chicago Booth alumni with previous military experience in order to expand career opportunities
- Welcome new members and their families to the Chicago area through a variety of social activities
- Assist prospective military candidates with the Chicago Booth application process and advocate the admission of qualified veterans
- Assist students departing the armed forces with the transition to civilian life and to ensure an understanding of veteran benefits
Contact AFG at firstname.lastname@example.org
Law School Veterans (LSV) provides law students who are prior or current members of the armed forces of any country opportunities for fellowship, to increase awareness of legal and policy issues affecting veterans within the greater Law School community, to connect members with veteran alumni for career networking purposes, to assist law students pursuing careers as JAGs, to work with the Law School’s administration to achieve a fuller recognition of the value of veterans in our community, to facilitate opportunities for students to provide pro bono assistance to veterans in need, and to coordinate with the dean of admissions to improve outreach to prospective students with military backgrounds.
Contact LSV at email@example.com
The Maroon Veterans Alliance is a group of student civilians at the University of Chicago aimed at supporting America’s veteran community - to leverage University & City resources to support Chicago veterans through Veterans Career Advocacy Program workshops and Points for Patriots fundraisers.
Contact the Maroon Veterans Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your Service Podcast (TYFYS) is an educational exploration of the dynamics of American civil-military affairs, covering topics like politicization of the military, defense policy in the news, and the importance of staying informed in a democracy.
Contact TYFYS at email@example.com
UChicago Army ROTC provides students who are interested in leadership development, physical training, and basic Army doctrine an opportunity to participate in ROTC activities without incurring any obligation.
Feel free to message us on Facebook, where our Cadet Public Affairs Officer may assist you.
Also, general inquiries may be directed to our primary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Battalion Recruiting and Operations Officer Joey Minor can be reached at (312)413-2357
Questions for current students: email@example.com
UChicago's VSL chapter has a commitment to active and inactive military-affiliated persons in our community to recognize and honor the service of our members; to mentor and educate those returning home, to support networking opportunities; to implement resource awareness, and to actively demonstrate our desire to serve yesterday, today and tomorrow.
UChicago VSL is a group of military-affiliated persons and supporters dedicated to supporting military-affiliated communities within the UChicago system. UChicago VSL benefits our military-affiliated communiity by:
- Assisting student-veterans as they make the transition from service member, to civilian, to student.
- Promoting healthy interactions with fellow veterans and students both on and off campus, by way of social gatherings and community activities.
- Providing special services for the designed to assist disabled veterans.
- Developing various veteran outreach activities to provide direct services to veterans and veterans’ families in the community.
- Facilitating mental and medical health services for veterans and their families.
Contact the UChicago SVA at firstname.lastname@example.org